Banana fiends rejoice - we’ve got just the smoothie for you! This one combines it with blueberries, which makes for an extra sweet treat that’s packed with the good stuff. And by good stuff, we mean potassium, powerful antioxidants that can help kick some cancer and diabetes butt, and so much more.
But as bananas go from golden to olden, there are some pretty cool things you can do with them. The over-ripe ones (which can be stored in the freezer by the way) make killer banana bread, while the ones that are a little green work great in cereal. But when bananas are perfectly ripe, that’s the best time to use them for smoothies like this one.
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 banana
- 2 ounces of frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of agave (or to taste)
- 1 cup of ice
- dash of cinnamon
- Peel and chop banana, then add it to a blender with almond milk.
- Mix until just combined (5-10 seconds)
- Add blueberries, agave, and ice
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency
- Pour into a large glass, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!